We have taken all the necessary steps to protect your personal information and ensure that your online security is not breached such as using an SSL certificate to encrypt all data exchanges on the Instrumental Background Music website. The sections below explain how we do this.
We never sell, share or rent our e-mail list. Your e-mail address is used exclusively by us to communicate with you when necessary (for example, if we experience a problem with your order) or if you have requested information.
The credit card information provided when you purchase a product from us is processed through Gumroad’s payment options such as VISA and PayPal. Gumroad (our payment processor) is a secure ecommerce website that features state-of-the-art protection and encryption processing systems. All of your billing information is contained within their highly secure servers and we never keep store your credit, debit card or PayPal login details on our servers.
We do gather general information about our users such as browsing habits, a username and email address that we use to communicate with you or assess how our website is performing. For example, we like to know which of our pages are visited most often, what kind of music is most popular, from which countries we get most visitors, what browser is most popular, etc. This information is anonymous and collected as the aggregation of all visitors together. This sort of information helps us to understand our customers’ needs and serve them better.
When you purchase a product from us, you fill in a form with your address, phone number and e-mail etc. in order to complete the transaction. Gumroad keep this information securely on file in case we need to communicate with you, and to expedite future transactions. Neither we nor Gumroad share this information with anyone else.
If you have any queries or would like to know more, contact us.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better and cannot be used to reveal your identity or personally identifying information. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Most common cookies
These cookies expire when you close your web browser (like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome). These cookies are used for various reasons, for example, remembering what you have put in your shopping basket as you browse a website. They can also be used for security to access your Internet banking or email.
These cookies are still stored on your computer after you have closed your web browser which allows your preferences on websites to be remembered. These cookies are used for a variety of purposes, for example, remembering your preferences on a website (your language choice or your user name on a particular website).
First and Third Party cookies
This refers to the website placing the cookie. First party cookies are cookies set by the website you are visiting. Third party cookies are set by another website; the website you are visiting may have advertising on the page and this other website will be able to set a cookie on your computer. Third party cookies on the main web browsers allow third party cookies by default. Changing the settings on your browsers can prevent this.
There are some exemptions to the above where it is essential for a website to store information on your computer, for example, to provide a service to you that you have requested.
To remove stored Cookies, it is just a case of manually deleting the Cookies from your browser. The help section of Your web browser will help you understand your options, but please note that if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our website or services may not operate as intended.
Other information we collect
We collect certain information automatically about your visit during your time on our website www.instrumentalbackgroundmusic.com. It typically involves technical information such as the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about User’s means of connection to our site, such as the operating system, IP Address, and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. This type of information is typically collected using small data files called cookies and in particular Google Analytics and Thrive Leads (a plugin for WordPress). This information helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the site and also to indicate where the site requires improvement.
We also use the following methods to communicate with you:
- Direct email: so that we can respond to customer support enquiries and requests.
- Social media channels like Twitter, Facebook and YouTube: you can choose to unfollow us whenever you like.
- Zapier: we use this service to automatically send you emails following a purchase of a track with details of your purchase or membership subscription (and renewals).
How we use this collected information
The information Instrumental Background Music collects from you, whether personal or technical, may be used by us for the following purposes:
- To complete any contracts or obligations you’ve entered into with us, and to provide you with information or products you’ve requested from us;
- To improve our customer service by responding to your requests more quickly and efficiently;
- To personalize your experience on the site and create a user account if you are an active paying member;
- We may use your information to better understand how our collective customers use our website;
- To improve our website;
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services;
- To process payments via our payment and digital delivery provider Gumroad;
- To complete an order placed on the site, using information provided about yourself. We do not share this information with outside parties, unless needed to complete the order;
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other website feature;
- To send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them;
- To send periodic emails via our email marketing system Mailchimp which is GDPR compliant.
We may use your email address to send information and updates about your order. It may also be used to respond to questions or other requests. If you choose to opt in to our mailing list here, you’ll receive emails that include company news, updates, product information, and more. You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of every email sent.
Where we store your personal data
Any information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our third party providers such as Gumroad. We will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (but not limited to):
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups
How we protect your information
We use extensive security measures to ensure that your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data is safe from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or deletion. Any data exchange between you and our site happens over an SSL-secured channel, which is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business, the functioning of our website or in administering activities on our behalf such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
instrumental Background Music does not process any payment information directly. We use payment gateways to process this data. These payment gateways have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Third-Party Provider Privacy Policies:
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as you have your account. You have the right to request your information be deleted. (See “Your Rights” section below)
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right to request access to your information to be sure we’re using it legally;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is made accurate;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it;
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to refuse certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right to opt out of a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
- If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
If you would like to request the information we hold about you under a Subject Access Request (“SAR”) you can follow the instructions on the ICO website here.
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you may reach out to as at the email address below:
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the site after changes of policy will be regarded as acceptance to the changes.
Document last updated: 23/05/18